Author Topic: Rally Show-N-Go - Need Suggestions...  (Read 690 times)

Rubidawg

• Best Story Teller - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
    • HeathDawgs
Rally Show-N-Go - Need Suggestions...
« on: December 18, 2010, 06:11:21 PM »
I got an email that our club is going to put on a Rally Show-N-Go. Very happy about this, as it will be the first one close to me that we'd be able to attend. However, it's going to be January 8th & 9th and they've asked me to assist and be part of the team. :wreck: I just got back from being outta town, am heading out to Florida for Christmas and when I get back, it'll be about a week til the event. I told them my plate is already pretty full right now, but that I'd reach out to you guys and see what kind of things we'd need to do to put this thing together. I don't believe we've ever hosted one before.

So any suggestions? We'll charge $5 per run, but any other things I can pass along - advertising? prizes? etc? I think we'll have 2 rings open, at the most and already have the courses. But not sure what else we need to do to be "ready" for it. I'll probably steward that day, and assist with set-up/breakdown, etc.
Dawn
Rubi, CGC - 2.16.05
Bauer - Rocket's Kindred Spirit RN CGC - 4.16.12
Ms. Kitty - 3.15.02
Forever In My Heart: Grady, Branwen's Northern Sky BN RA CGC - 12.22.07 - 5.25.12

RocketBoxer

• Best All Rounder - 2009
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • (Leia)
Re: Rally Show-N-Go - Need Suggestions...
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 08:39:02 AM »
Well really it all depends - as you can get as fancy as you want (prizes etc).

But when we have one all we do is charge the $5 per run through for x number of minutes and people can do whatever they want in the ring. There are no prizes or anything like that. We send it out to all of the email lists. Then all that is needed is a course, and a judge. That is pretty much it - very simple.
Kerry
Mom to Skye, Trigger, Leia and Lizzy
www.rocketboxers.com

Gone But Not Forgotten - Shaka & Star

"A dog's mind is a terrible thing to waste."

BoxerWB

• Administrator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
Re: Rally Show-N-Go - Need Suggestions...
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 09:44:44 AM »
Yeah, our club pretty much does it the same as Kerry's, except we generally have club members donate snacks (there is a 'kitchen' area at the pavilion) as a courtesy.  Also, we usually have a raffle for several prize baskets (again, donated by our members) just to help the club make more money.

Depending on how many members we can get to volunteer as judges, we have up to 4 rings - one for each level of Obed and one Rally w/nested courses. The judges don't score, so there aren't any prizes to give out, but they do give lots of advice and observations. I don't think we have a time limit, though the judges try not to go too long.
Julia
Delta 03/12
Dash 07/06
Shady 07/05
In my heart: Xena 03/10/03 - 02/16/12