Author Topic: Boxer in nj  (Read 5827 times)

Eilene

• Officially Boxer Crazy
Re: Boxer in nj
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2010, 04:39:04 PM »
I gave her a whole bunch of rescues and told her to let me know before she does anything..
Eilene
Nala, Luna
Forever in my heart Amber,Bailey,Chicklet,Tequila

Eilene

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2010, 04:42:17 PM »
Wonder why all the sudden a 7 yr old does not get along with a 10 yr old dog though..

I gave her a whole bunch of rescues and told her to let me know before she does anything..
Eilene
Nala, Luna

BoxerPerson

• Best Signature Quote - 2008; Most Addicted Member - 2009
  • Retired Member
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Hey, anybody in there?
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2010, 09:06:05 PM »
WTH...had her since a pup and NOW at 7 wants her out or destroyed?  I would guess something is wrong with the dog healthwise since for 7 years there hasn't been a problem. I also think there is something wrong with the owner...seems a bit cruel to just want to destroy a dog after having that long.  What else have they tried?
Claire-Mom to Ollie, Zoe, Phoebe, Willie & Snookie

Goofy-Hailey-Nikki-Casey-Tyler-Cynder-Lilli-Daisy-Winnie-Felix-Levi-Ellie-&

Eilene

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2010, 03:54:40 PM »
Have not heard a thing from her today...Soemthing is not right though
Eilene
Nala, Luna

Eilene

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2010, 11:34:45 AM »
I received this today form her:  Hoping she finds her a home..

I have 2 boxer rescues stating they can help and I have sent the vet records to the one, i'm waiting to hear from the other group. Both said they think there is no reason to put her down and that they feel they would be able to help given these behaviours and age. So I'm just in standby waiting. I have phone numbers for people at the one rescue and I will be calling them now to see what we can do. So will keep you posted. thanks!

Eilene
Nala, Luna

WildBeanerz

• Canine Good Citizen
  • Macie
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2010, 12:45:57 PM »
Eilene....you should feel pretty good. It looks like from the response that she sent you that you may have saved that girl's life! That is special!!!

April - mom of
Bones RIP big guy 11.04.10 :angel:
Macie 8 yrs brindle female
Chloe 11.19.09 fawn female
Love my rescue

Eilene

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2010, 03:27:53 PM »
I hope so...
Eilene
Nala, Luna

whitepupzoe

• Most Supportive & Friendliest Member - 2008
  • Global Moderator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2010, 03:32:59 PM »
Eilene....you should feel pretty good. It looks like from the response that she sent you that you may have saved that girl's life! That is special!!!

Ditto! Good Job! She never responded to my email...hopefully she took the info I gave her and contacted AABR also.

Just checked my email and she did respond:

Hi, been trying to respond to several people i forget if I returned a response to you. I believe i did contact them , there was another group that reached out to us as well ( I forget their name offhand) and I think that is who i'm actively working with but at least 2 groups (believe Adopt a Boxer Rescue is one of them) said that there should be something that could be done for her even given her behaviour and age so that was great news to hear! So I'm just waiting to hear back from those groups to see what we need to do next but i am feeling better that we can do something else besides put her down, its really the last thing we wanted to do but felt that there was nothing else to do.

thank you
Michelle
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 03:35:54 PM by whitepupzoe »
Kristin ~ Mom to Abby & George

Always In My Heart ~ Angels Zoe & Ariel

Eilene

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2010, 12:51:50 PM »
Wonder if they found her a home by now? 
Eilene
Nala, Luna

whitepupzoe

• Global Moderator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2010, 12:57:27 PM »
The post has been deleted...so hopefully that's a good sign! Eilene you should send her an email and ask her if one of the rescues decided to take her.

Eilene

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2010, 03:44:30 PM »
I will..I'll let you know
Eilene
Nala, Luna

Eilene

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2010, 04:25:59 PM »
A message from THE OWNER

I was last waiting on the rescue to send over a volunteer to meet her, i haven't heard yet but meanwhile I had her spayed yesterday and they discovered a few really bad teeth that needed to be extracted. The vet also said she could benefit from doggie prozac, and that was without me even inquiring about it. Sooo, very possibly if she changes her temperment from lack of pain, lack of hormones and medication (at least for now) maybe we can make it work as long as we start to see some hopeful improvement in the relationship with the other dog and tolerance for the kids.. We do tell the kids to be careful and stay away from her and for the most part they have listened its just when you least expect it they are right in her face!
But it has just torn me to have to place her somewhere else or put her down as anticipated. I also contacted a trainer to see their opinion on behaviour modification. So all in alll, possibly she may be staying with us after all!
Eilene
Nala, Luna

Missy/Precious mom

• Most Encouraging Member - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2010, 04:29:47 PM »
I have mixed feelings, going from putting her down to now wanting to keep her again.  :mad:  I hope they are sincere and will work with her and a trainer and do keep her.  If they are not sincere I hope a good rescue gets her and finds her a loving home.
Joyce

whitepupzoe

• Global Moderator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2010, 06:54:15 PM »
Me too Joyce, my first thought is why didn't they rule out a medical condition in the first place. That would have been my first guess as to why her temperment changed...second why is she just now getting spayed.  Something not right about the whole thing, I do hope she either stays in the home or goes to rescue. I guess that's all we can ask for.