Author Topic: Responsible Dog Owners Day  (Read 629 times)

Rubidawg

• Best Story Teller - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
    • HeathDawgs
Responsible Dog Owners Day
« on: November 27, 2010, 12:39:29 PM »
Got an email from our Rally Trainer. She's asked Grady (and a handfull of other dogs) to be part of a Rally demonstration next weekend for the Piedmont Kennel Club's Responsible Dog Owner's Day.

I'm glad she asked us to be involved, but am a bit nervous at the same time. LOL After our performance last weekend, I'm a bit shy of getting out there, trying to show people "how it's done" when we barely made it thru last weekend's trial.

I've been talking to one of the trainers with the club and she thinks Grady was stressed last weekend. I think he was just more distracted by everything going on, but nonetheless, it's the environment and everything going on that did us in last weekend, and obviously something we need to work on. So that was going to be my goal over the next few weeks, and to take a break from trials for a little while til we better managed this. But now, I'm a bit nervous to be representing Rally Obedience with some of our training club members - who their dogs don't have the issues Grady had last weekend. I just hope we don't look stupid. LOL I plan on getting him out this weekend, but not sure that it will help us for next weekend. It's all in good fun, and is going to be VERY relaxed next weekend, but I figured Grady could represent some of the "not-so-obvious" breeds I see at trials all the time (terriers, yorkies, corgis, labs/retreivers, collies).  So should be fun for us, and good practice at the same time.
Dawn
Rubi, CGC - 2.16.05
Bauer - Rocket's Kindred Spirit RN CGC - 4.16.12
Ms. Kitty - 3.15.02
Forever In My Heart: Grady, Branwen's Northern Sky BN RA CGC - 12.22.07 - 5.25.12

Missy/Precious mom

• Most Encouraging Member - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
Re: Responsible Dog Owners Day
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 01:02:46 PM »
Relax and have fun.  Grady just had a bad day.  You guys will do fine.  Don't be nervous just have fun :yes:
Joyce

BoxerPerson

• Best Signature Quote - 2008; Most Addicted Member - 2009
  • Retired Member
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Hey, anybody in there?
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 03:58:28 PM »
Couldn't have asked a better dog & owner IMO.  Have a GREAT time!
Claire-Mom to Ollie, Zoe, Phoebe, Willie & Snookie

Goofy-Hailey-Nikki-Casey-Tyler-Cynder-Lilli-Daisy-Winnie-Felix-Levi-Ellie-&

BoxerWB

• Administrator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 04:09:56 PM »
Just relax and have fun - unless your club is oddly strict, you can use all the treats or toys you want while you demo.  Xena and I used our RDO Day this summer as nice heeling and recall practice.
Julia
Delta 03/12
Dash 07/06
Shady 07/05
In my heart: Xena 03/10/03 - 02/16/12

BranwenBoxers

• Canine Good Citizen
  • " Branwen's Eastern Sea " Millie
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 04:55:38 PM »
Go and have fun Dawn  :yes:   I think its great that your instructor called you and Grady to represent Rally . :thumbsup:
Heather
Branwen Boxers
www.BranwenBoxers.com