Author Topic: Peeing When Excited  (Read 839 times)

boxerma

• Socialized
Peeing When Excited
« on: November 17, 2010, 11:49:53 AM »
Just wondering if anyone here has or have had this problem...Trigger is about 2.5 now and when people come over or I come in the house he gets so excited that he pees on the floor.  Not a big puddle, but still enough.  I thought it was a puppy thing, but now it's getting frustrating.  I'm asking people not to pet or get him anymore excited when the come in for a few minutes until he has settled down but I really don't know what else to do.  If I know someone is coming over, I will take him out to pee before hand, but he still gets excited to the point it seems that he can't control his bladder.  This is the only time he does this.  Will he eventually grow out of this?
Kristen
"No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does."

BoxerPerson

• Best Signature Quote - 2008; Most Addicted Member - 2009
  • Retired Member
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Hey, anybody in there?
Re: Peeing When Excited
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 12:04:36 PM »
He doesn't have a UTI or anything right?
Claire-Mom to Ollie, Zoe, Phoebe, Willie & Snookie

Goofy-Hailey-Nikki-Casey-Tyler-Cynder-Lilli-Daisy-Winnie-Felix-Levi-Ellie-&

Patti

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 12:10:41 PM »
I dont think they grow out of it. Otis has done this since he was around 1 1/2.
Patti & Otis (8/18/2006)

boxerma

• Socialized
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 12:11:29 PM »
He doesn't have a UTI or anything right?
I don't think so, but I haven't had him checked.  Since this is the only time he does it, I didn't think it would be a UTI.

I dont think they grow out of it. Otis has done this since he was around 1 1/2.
Well I did and didn't want to hear that!  :laugh4:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 12:16:01 PM by boxerma »
Kristen
"No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does."

Patti

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 12:44:10 PM »
:laugh4: Sorry! We try to make Otis go outside when someone first comes over, hopefully before they arrive so he can pee.
Patti & Otis (8/18/2006)

Missy/Precious mom

• Most Encouraging Member - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 01:13:46 PM »
Precius will sometimes do it too.  If I am expecting people I take her out right before they should be there and then it is usually ok.  Every once in a while though there will be a little drip :wall:
Joyce

TyTyB

• Vet Checked
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 01:20:12 PM »
Tyson still does this, though not as often.  Mostly with people he doesn't see very much and it's just like a sprinkling.  We try to tell people to stay calm when they come in and speak in a normal voice and wait a few minutes before they pay attention to him.
-Sheree
Owned by Tyson

blynn03

• Most Helpful Member - 2008
  • Global Moderator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2010, 03:20:01 PM »
Griff still does it every once in a while as well....not very frequently, but often enough that I can remember at least one instance in the last few months.  As long as you're taking him out before people arrive, and trying to have guests remain calm so as not to excite him too much (or at least not more than he is already), I'm not sure there's much else you can do. 
*Brandy*

Griff & Bella