Author Topic: Utility articles  (Read 599 times)

BoxerWB

• Administrator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
Utility articles
« on: October 21, 2010, 10:22:24 PM »
So I saw something a couple weekends ago that was very entertaining and pretty unusual to see (these days at least).  A woman who competes with Great Danes had a VERY interesting set of articles:  a set of crushed Pabst Blue Ribbon and a set of baseballs.  Her cue when they were setting out the articles was "where's the stadium" -- to fetch a baseball was "play ball" -- to fetch a beer can was "go drink".   :laugh4:

I was talking to a woman who has been doing obedience since the old days and she said that back when things first started, you'd see salt & pepper shakers and baby shoes for articles.  People just used what they found around the house - and the regulations now only talk about what materials they should be made of, so you can still use household articles if you are so inclined.

Has anyone else seen unique articles? I can't think of any household items I'd want to use, but I think the idea is cool.

If we get to the point of needing articles, I want to know where Tracy Henderickson got her articles - they are nice looking "dumbbell" style articles with boxer head silhouettes on the ends. They probably cost a mint, but a girl can dream!
Julia
Delta 03/12
Dash 07/06
Shady 07/05
In my heart: Xena 03/10/03 - 02/16/12

RocketBoxer

• Best All Rounder - 2009
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • (Leia)
Re: Utility articles
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 08:26:38 AM »
I actually haven't seen anything unique - everyone here seems to go with the normal articles.
Kerry
Mom to Skye, Trigger, Leia and Lizzy
www.rocketboxers.com

Gone But Not Forgotten - Shaka & Star

"A dog's mind is a terrible thing to waste."

Renee

• Vet Checked
    • vonWaldstadt
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 10:32:40 PM »
I've just got plain old single bars...you never see anything unique here. 

Lisa

• Socialized
  • My pack, 5/27/12
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 10:42:18 PM »
I've read that a wide variety of articles are used for retrieval in Mondio Ringsport, something I may get involved in someday.

http://www.articlesbase.com/pets-articles/your-ultimate-guide-to-mondioring-2193209.html
Artax, male Retriever mix, 11/1/99
Koda, CGC RN TT AD, male brindle, 10/10/08
Mukki, CGC, female fawn, 4/20/10