Author Topic: Ellie  (Read 1586 times)

linz and ellie

• Officially Boxer Crazy
Ellie
« on: September 30, 2010, 05:38:49 AM »
Hey everyone,

Its been a while since I have posted on here, I have been so busy lately and tend to just lurk...
Keep up todate with most of you on facebook :o)

Anyway I now have a problem with Ellie and I couldnt think of a better place to come for advice other than here.

Just recently she has started to not go toilet outside, she will just stand there and look at you as if she has forgotten what she is supposed to do when we say 'toilet'......she waits until we have left and then does her business in the kitchen. Ant went home at lunch on Monday (he goes home to let them out) and she had pooed and weed everywhere. He made her go to the toilet before he left and then when I got home from work she had pooed and weed again!!!! It is so frustrating. Same happened yesterday.

She used to do this in her crate all the time and we discovered that she just didnt like the crate so we let her have the kitchen instead and she was absolutely fine for ages up until now. She only does it when we are out so maybe it is seperation anxiety but how can she go from been fine one minute to pooing and weeing the next? Medical reason possibly?

Any advice?

BoxerPerson

• Best Signature Quote - 2008; Most Addicted Member - 2009
  • Retired Member
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Hey, anybody in there?
Re: Ellie
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 06:39:04 AM »
Does she have enuff time to toilet outside?  I would leave her until she did do what you want, which may be difficult at times, but might just fix the problem.  If this doesn't fix it, when is the last time she was checked for a UTI? The poo makes me not think it is that but still it sounds like a trip to the vet is in order.

Hope you figure out what the issue  is.  Good luck Linz...and give those 2 mushfaces a huggie & kiss from their Auntie Claire
Claire-Mom to Ollie, Zoe, Phoebe, Willie & Snookie

Goofy-Hailey-Nikki-Casey-Tyler-Cynder-Lilli-Daisy-Winnie-Felix-Levi-Ellie-&

WildBeanerz

• Canine Good Citizen
  • Macie
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 08:45:25 AM »
I'm not sure Linz but just wanted to say Hi!!! Hope you get it figured out. I had this problem with Bones when we first brought him home. He would always poo between me leaving for work and coming home at lunch to let him out. Only difference is he did do his business outside too.

April - mom of
Bones RIP big guy 11.04.10 :angel:
Macie 8 yrs brindle female
Chloe 11.19.09 fawn female
Love my rescue

linz and ellie

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 06:14:49 AM »
Thanks ladies! She has started doing her business outside again now but we have had a few accidents.
We have started from the beginning and praise her loads when she goes outside. I am considering just giving her the run of the house as I know she doesnt like to be locked up.

BoxerPerson

• Best Signature Quote - 2008; Most Addicted Member - 2009
  • Retired Member
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Hey, anybody in there?
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 07:22:55 AM »
:thumbsup:
Claire-Mom to Ollie, Zoe, Phoebe, Willie & Snookie

Goofy-Hailey-Nikki-Casey-Tyler-Cynder-Lilli-Daisy-Winnie-Felix-Levi-Ellie-&