Author Topic: "rare blue-gray Boxers"  (Read 27009 times)

WildBeanerz

• Canine Good Citizen
  • Macie
Re: "rare blue-gray Boxers"
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2010, 04:27:26 PM »
Brindle could be diluted to blue; the dilution gene dilutes any black on the coat.

I can understand this but what happened to the fawn color? It looks strange too and I won't even comment on those ears ::)

April - mom of
Bones RIP big guy 11.04.10 :angel:
Macie 8 yrs brindle female
Chloe 11.19.09 fawn female
Love my rescue

BoxerIsisDreamComeTrue

• Potty Trained
  • Isis @ 15 days old
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2010, 11:37:52 PM »
If they are not 100% boxer how can they be registered with the AKC? I know nothing about how registration works is why I am asking. Also how can the puppies be pure black like that when I have read time and time again there are no black boxers?

BoxerWB

• Administrator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2010, 07:27:47 AM »
The pups can't actually be black if they are purebred either.

AKC is a registry, not a policing agent. Essentially the paperwork just needs to be sent in with two registered Boxer parents listed. There is DNA testing that can be required - Jamie (Aqua) had this happen when the parentage of her Boxer came under question. I believer her (irresponsible) "breeder" is now in trouble w/AKC because of it.
Julia
Delta 03/12
Dash 07/06
Shady 07/05
In my heart: Xena 03/10/03 - 02/16/12

aquagirl900

• Socialized
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2010, 09:17:53 AM »
Jetta's AKC issues were resolved in one sense and not resolved in another.  The first issue we had was that Jetta's mother's grandfather is considered "unknown" as the issue was discovered after all of that generation had passed. 

The 2nd issue was that a pup in Jetta's litter did not match up DNA wise with the claimed father.  By me sending in JettaKs DNA and the breeder being compliant with AKC, we resolved Jetta's parentage(her father is another boxer owned by the breeder).  If Jetta's mother had still been alive, they would have DNA from Jetta, her mom and grandma which would have made Jetta 3rd gen of DNA and would have given her full registration, but because Jetta's mother passed from being hit by a car, Jetta is still on conditional registration. 

Getting back to the thread...man that "blue" boxer looks funny...it looks like a washed out boxer on steroids

Samsons Mom

• Most Improved Member - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Sir-samps-a-lot :)
    • Samson's Therapy Dog Blog
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2010, 03:15:13 PM »
Looks like the dog has either pitt or american bull dog in him. The head is "off" and so is the amount of bone in the legs.

I'm leaning towards alapha blue blood bulldog now that I looked them up(not going to post links since they all lead to puppy selling sites.) but the blue brindle color they have is VERY similar to this "blue boxer".
Keri, owned by- Samson, CGC, Therapy Dog(7/08)

Eurobox

• Fully Weaned
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2010, 08:27:50 AM »
Oh boy...this could be trouble. :smash: I wonder if this is happening because of all the people breeding such dark boxers??

http://www.hoobly.com/0/0/1429049.html

BoxerPerson

• Best Signature Quote - 2008; Most Addicted Member - 2009
  • Retired Member
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Hey, anybody in there?
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2010, 08:34:38 AM »
Oh my...I know Scottish Terriers have blue babies...I guess it MUST have something to do with the "black" sealed reverse brindling...
Claire-Mom to Ollie, Zoe, Phoebe, Willie & Snookie

Goofy-Hailey-Nikki-Casey-Tyler-Cynder-Lilli-Daisy-Winnie-Felix-Levi-Ellie-&

WildBeanerz

• Canine Good Citizen
  • Macie
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2010, 08:36:08 AM »
Oh boy...this could be trouble. :smash: I wonder if this is happening because of all the people breeding such dark boxers??

http://www.hoobly.com/0/0/1429049.html

Oh my...there are a lot of super dark maybe even black boxers in that litter. Really makes you wonder and to list the litter on a site the day it was born and already have the pricing right out there... ::)

April - mom of
Love my rescue

Newcastle

• Most Informed Member - 2009
  • Administrator
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • WHEEE!!!!!
    • Newcastle Boxers
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2010, 08:54:25 AM »
If anyone is a member of hoobly, they could let the person know that the blue coloring most likely comes from the same breed that contributed the black coloring - which is something other than a Boxer. ;) (Doubt that they'd pay any attention, but do those comments show up on the ad?)
Jennifer Walker
Newcastle Boxers, Reg'd
Mind ~ Body ~ Spirit ~ Naturally

Visit the Boxer Crazy Store

Samsons Mom

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2010, 10:21:34 AM »
Woah, now that one looks like a Pitt puppy. I'm looking at it from my iPhone, but it
Doesn't look like it has any brindling?.

Maybe alpha blue bulldog again ::)

WildBeanerz

• Canine Good Citizen
  • Macie
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2010, 10:23:09 AM »
Yeah it doesn't look like there is any brindling on it on the pc either. The other pups in the pics look black too.  :smash:

April - mom of
Love my rescue

Samsons Mom

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2010, 11:08:19 AM »
Blue blood Bulldogs come in black. I cant find any decent pics of the blue/brindle ones, but breed them with a Boxer and you get the color, and those short stocky legs :barf:

« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 04:29:29 PM by Newcastle »

Newcastle

• Most Informed Member - 2009
  • Administrator
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • WHEEE!!!!!
    • Newcastle Boxers
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2010, 02:29:50 PM »
I do get frustrated by people breeding genetically impossible Boxer colors and calling them "rare" and "purebred" and charging ridiculous prices for them. Of course for your two grand you get a meaningless health guarantee that covers conditions that don't usually appear until long after the guarantee expires and you have to return the dog that you've become attached to or you get nothing.  (And - this is rich - one contract stated that if you kennel your dog the health guarantee (useless as it is) is voided. ::) )  
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 04:29:01 PM by Newcastle »
Jennifer Walker
Newcastle Boxers, Reg'd
Mind ~ Body ~ Spirit ~ Naturally

Visit the Boxer Crazy Store

Sixes

• Vet Checked
    • Sixes Boxers
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2010, 03:14:28 PM »
Of course for your two grand you get a meaningless health guarantee that covers conditions that don't usually appear until long after the guarantee expires and you have to return the dog that you've become attached to or you get nothing.  (And - this is rich - one contract stated that if you kennel your dog the health guarantee (useless as it is) is voided. ::) )  

And a pup with FULL registration so you can breed your own "rare blue Boxers"  :no:
Tori, Sedric, and Marlee

Theresa

• Officially Boxer Crazy
  • "No Pressure, no diamonds"-Mary Case
    • Getting Evan
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2010, 03:19:14 PM »
Of course for your two grand you get a meaningless health guarantee that covers conditions that don't usually appear until long after the guarantee expires and you have to return the dog that you've become attached to or you get nothing.  (And - this is rich - one contract stated that if you kennel your dog the health guarantee (useless as it is) is voided. ::) )  

And a pup with FULL registration so you can breed your own "rare blue Boxers"  :no:

Have I ever mentioned I hate people?  Not you guys of course, but generally....I can't stand people like this.
Mom to:
Beasley (flashy fawn male) born 11/15/2005
Peanut (classic brindle female) born 2/15/2009
Evan (two legged brunette male) born 4/20/2011