Author Topic: 3:30 in the morning...every morning!  (Read 620 times)

Sir Duke

• Potty Trained
3:30 in the morning...every morning!
« on: July 02, 2010, 11:09:58 AM »
Spike has some internal clock that wakes him up at the same stinking time every stinking morning! Either that or it's our stupid rooster or our PITA cat....  It started off we could speak to him and he would stop whining and go back to sleep for another hour or so. Well this last week or so, he has started "freaking out" in his crate. I mean it sounds like the thing is going to start rolling over in my sons bedroom. It sounds like he is throwing himself at the door. The barking is like panic....

I know what he wants....to come sleep with Duke in our room. Do you think it is cruel to keep them separated? I can not fit Duke's crib bed and a crate in our room. I can not fit two dogs in our bed. I feel guilty asking Spike to sleep on the floor while Duke lounges in the bed. I feel guilty asking Duke to sleep on the floor.

I could never let me skin babies cry themselves to sleep at night and I am equally weak listening to this dog wail!! I know what I should do (let him wail), but does anyone have any other sleeping suggestions that I can live with...

Oh how I would love to wake up..next to my HUSBAND and look at the clock and see 6:00!!!!

Theresa

• Officially Boxer Crazy
  • "No Pressure, no diamonds"-Mary Case
    • Getting Evan
Re: 3:30 in the morning...every morning!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 11:16:20 AM »
I would make them both sleep on the floor (I am attempting to do the same but my hubby keeps letting them up on the bed)
Mom to:
Beasley (flashy fawn male) born 11/15/2005
Peanut (classic brindle female) born 2/15/2009
Evan (two legged brunette male) born 4/20/2011

Missy/Precious mom

• Most Encouraging Member - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 11:24:31 AM »
If you can't have both in your bed, I would make them both sleep on beds on the floor.
Joyce

Eilene

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 11:53:13 AM »
I would also tyr letting them sleep both of them in you rroom not in their crates..I think you will be bale to hear if they are getting into trouble..
Eilene
Nala, Luna
Forever in my heart Amber,Bailey,Chicklet,Tequila