Author Topic: canidae  (Read 694 times)

b4mp3r

• Fully Weaned
  • King of the grass
    • My Art
canidae
« on: May 04, 2007, 10:43:48 AM »
alright, we switched winston to canidae 4 days ago, and already his coat is shinier, softer, and he looks all around more happy! ALL of his stools have gone from being runny, and mushy, to being well formed aswell. plus he has more energy, and accually wants to eat! he gets around 5-6 cups of it per day right now, cause thats what it recomended for a 55+ pd dog. if he had the chance he would eat as much as he could, probably around 10-15 cups of it.
Winston - brindle boxer/bullmastiff 20 mths - 80 lbs
Rosie - brindle pitbull/lab 13 months - 40 lbs
Stinky - white/brown irish wolfhound X 13 yrs - 60 lbs

Hanna Banana

• Best Topics & Most Thought-Provoking Posts - 2008
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Play Nice!
Re: canidae
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 10:49:42 AM »
Wow 5-6 cups dont tell Hanna - she will think Im starting her.
when she was on 100% kibble it was 1.5 cups in the am, 1.5 in the pm.  On daycare/activity days it was 2 in the Pm to recoup from the activity.

I switched two people over at work to Canidae.  They had big issues with their dogs not eating kibble, but the dogs actually love it they tell me.  One is experiencing less ear problems and reduced tear stains(shitz tsu) and the Boston is losing weight and has a coat to die for!

Good job Noah, sure winston is enjoying his new food!!
Heather  - Mom to Hanna Banana & Kash

r.fuentes

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 10:52:34 AM »
I'm sure Winston is loving his Canidae, my 3 do!!!
RITA-mom to: Sadie, Ty & Powie

Bers

• Most Underrated Member - 2009
  • Administrator
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • DEADHEAD
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 10:53:45 AM »
Good for him, I'm glad he's liking the change! Lucy and Koda weigh 50 pounds and eat 2 cups a day, but Sammie only weighs 37 and eats the same amount. So I think just feed him the recommended amount and watch his weight - if he starts to gain you'll have to cut back.
Amber

steph0808

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 10:55:47 AM »
Good for Winston - our dogs are loving the Canidae too.  Right now Jax gets about 2 cups twice a day, but I'm going to have to cut that back because sometimes he doesn't eat it all.  I'm going to feed him 1.5 cups twice a day.  Brody gets about 1/1.5 cups twice a day as well - he gets more if he acts hungry since he's a growing boy.
Riley - 9/19/2008

b4mp3r

• Fully Weaned
  • King of the grass
    • My Art
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 11:42:53 AM »
Good for him, I'm glad he's liking the change! Lucy and Koda weigh 50 pounds and eat 2 cups a day, but Sammie only weighs 37 and eats the same amount. So I think just feed him the recommended amount and watch his weight - if he starts to gain you'll have to cut back.

hes accually lost weight since being put on canidae, he looks more like a dog should, just able to see the last few ribs, and i can feel all his ribs without any pressure.
Winston - brindle boxer/bullmastiff 20 mths - 80 lbs
Rosie - brindle pitbull/lab 13 months - 40 lbs
Stinky - white/brown irish wolfhound X 13 yrs - 60 lbs