Author Topic: ShowNGo vs Mock Trials  (Read 598 times)

Rubidawg

• Best Story Teller - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
    • HeathDawgs
ShowNGo vs Mock Trials
« on: April 27, 2010, 11:01:35 AM »
What's the difference between Show N Gos and Mock Trials?

Our club is talking about offering extra classes and trials in June for the "summer break" and I keep hearing the term Show N Go, but not real clear what it is.
Dawn
Rubi, CGC - 2.16.05
Bauer - Rocket's Kindred Spirit RN CGC - 4.16.12
Ms. Kitty - 3.15.02
Forever In My Heart: Grady, Branwen's Northern Sky BN RA CGC - 12.22.07 - 5.25.12

RocketBoxer

• Best All Rounder - 2009
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • (Leia)
Re: ShowNGo vs Mock Trials
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 11:36:19 AM »
What's the difference between Show N Gos and Mock Trials?

Our club is talking about offering extra classes and trials in June for the "summer break" and I keep hearing the term Show N Go, but not real clear what it is.

Both are really fun matches.
Kerry
Mom to Skye, Trigger, Leia and Lizzy
www.rocketboxers.com

Gone But Not Forgotten - Shaka & Star

"A dog's mind is a terrible thing to waste."

BoxerWB

• Administrator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
Re: ShowNGo vs Mock Trials
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 08:11:25 PM »
Show N Gos are very informal and a lot more like training.  Anyone can put on a Show N Go (Matches are usually AKC sanctioned) and you can do corrections, food, toys in the ring.  There isn't any scoring and you can work on whatever you want in the ring.

Matches are more formal - there is scoring and they give out ribbons.  There are no qualifying scores, so you can get a score that would NQ in a trial but ribbon at a match.  I'm not sure about the "A" "B" "C" designations of matches - it is related to the amount of training you are allowed to do the ring, but I can't remember which direction it goes.

(I'm assuming a mock trial is the same as a match? I haven't heard that term around here.)
Julia
Delta 03/12
Dash 07/06
Shady 07/05
In my heart: Xena 03/10/03 - 02/16/12