Author Topic: Would you all be willing to help me?  (Read 1976 times)

boxer pal

• Most Enthusiastic Member - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
Re: Would you all be willing to help me?
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2010, 09:40:21 PM »
I'm sorry you are in a bad state right now.  I hope it all works out for you and your family.  I'll keep a good thought for you!
Sue Q.
Hogan b. 6/1/10 our brindle baby boy
Onyx b.5/1/07 my dark beauty
my heart, my love, my joy. Rudy b. 9/06 d.5/10 
my mahogany girl Romy b.11/03 d.2/10
Abe, our first & best. b.3/97 d.5/08

BoxerIsisDreamComeTrue

• Potty Trained
  • Isis @ 15 days old
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2010, 09:46:59 PM »
Thank you so much it really does mean a lot to know that I am not the only one who cares about this.

Lisa

• Socialized
  • My pack, 5/27/12
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2010, 10:11:39 PM »
Good luck.  I hope you get the Boxer of your dreams one way or another.  :fingerscrossed:
Artax, male Retriever mix, 11/1/99
Koda, CGC RN TT AD, male brindle, 10/10/08
Mukki, CGC, female fawn, 4/20/10

BoxerMomTo2

• Fully Weaned
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2010, 08:21:03 AM »
My rescue, Molly came from Tennessee.  They are overwhelmed with dogs down there.  BUT...rescues are not for everyone.  Don't expect to get a "perfect" dog because that's very rare.  Molly was only used for breeding purposes and kept in a kennel her whole life.  She had no idea how to be a "pet" or part of a family.  She wasn't housetrained, was VERY timid and scared of everything, didn't know how to use stairs, etc.  We've had her for about three months and she's come out of her shell a lot, but still has a ways to go.

That being said...I'm so glad we chose the rescue route.  There's something about these dogs...they just seem to "know" that you've saved them.  Anyone on here that's ever rescued will attest to what I'm saying.  Every time I look at her and Simon charging down the hall together like a herd of buffalos (lol), and her little nub is shaking like crazy  ;D, or when she comes to me and lays her head next to me, or when she kisses my daughter...I know that we've made the right decision to rescue.  Yes...it's a lot of work, but the reward is priceless.  Like I said...you probably won't get a perfect dog.  But you WILL get the perfect dog for your family.  Good luck!

Laurie - mom to...
Simon - brindle boy 1/25/06
Molly - flashy fawn rescue girl 6/9/06

BoxerIsisDreamComeTrue

• Potty Trained
  • Isis @ 15 days old
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2010, 10:54:13 AM »
I wanted to update and let everyone know that things have worked out. Thankfully it was just a misunderstanding and easily fixed. I couldnt sleep at all last night and I am still not feeling well but I can relax now knowing that my little girl will be here on schedule.

I still may consider rescue in the future should the oportunity present itself and thank you for the resources you provided to help me. :)

Missy/Precious mom

• Most Encouraging Member - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2010, 11:07:01 AM »
Glad everything has worked out for you.  Can't wait until you get your little baby.
Joyce

Bumpy

• Forum Wise Alec - 2008
  • Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2010, 09:27:01 AM »
 Am I the only confused one? Spinning, spinning, spinning............... I have lost my bearings with your story. Misunderstanding? You can be be quite vague, or I'm just plain lost.  :dizzy2:
  Shelly CGC 7.13.06 Keanu 5.16.07

BoxerIsisDreamComeTrue

• Potty Trained
  • Isis @ 15 days old
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2010, 07:12:36 PM »
I was vague on purpose because I didnt want to go into details without knowing I had them right and it turns out I was worried for nothing. It was just a communication garbled in transit. I panicked like I have a tendency to do.

I should have waited until I knew for sure before posting but I didnt because I was so distraught. I apologize for the confusion and will be a lot more careful in the future about posting.

Newcastle

• Most Informed Member - 2009
  • Administrator
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • WHEEE!!!!!
    • Newcastle Boxers
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2010, 07:58:22 PM »
Or just preface by telling us you're panicking, and we'll know not to take it too seriously. ;)
Jennifer Walker
Newcastle Boxers, Reg'd
Mind ~ Body ~ Spirit ~ Naturally

Visit the Boxer Crazy Store

BoxerIsisDreamComeTrue

• Potty Trained
  • Isis @ 15 days old
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2010, 07:59:50 PM »
Will do :) I am definatly a panicker by nature and a nervous person as well.