Author Topic: Boxer in need of a home (crosspost)  (Read 664 times)

Patti

• Officially Boxer Crazy
Boxer in need of a home (crosspost)
« on: March 04, 2010, 06:30:24 PM »
This is a friend of a friend's boxer Baxter. He is living in MA, his owner is being deployed and needs to find a home for this handsome guy...

Here's some info on him (he sounds like a great dog, hopefully someone can help him out!):

Baxter is still a puppy, turns 1 yrs old in June. He's been fixed and has all his shots up to date. He has a lot of energy and personality even for a boxer.  He's house trained and knows to go to the door when he needs to go out to do his business. He knows all the basic commands of Come, Sit, Stay, Leave It (when you don't want him to grab anything off the ground) and Give (when you want him to drop something out of his mouth). Loves to play fetch and keep away. He has his own crate, pillow and all the accessories to go along with him. He is an absolute amazing dog, beautiful and just ready for the right family. The only reason I'm looking for a new home for him is I'm in the Army and we're getting ready for a deployment. I'm traveling two to three times a month and I'll be gone for a year sometime soon. It's just not fair to him to keep him in a crate all day and be too tired to play when I finally do have the time. A young family that likes to play outside would be the best fit in my opinion. I have him crate trained and he goes in and out on his own leisure. I keep the door latched shut when I'm out of the house for any extended periods of time and over night. He also doesn’t mind being in the car, sits in the back seat and is usually very relaxed or asleep. Never jumping around or being a distraction at all. He is able to jump over a 4 ft fence with ease, so that is something to be aware of as well. If you know of anyone looking for a dog like this please let me know. I'm not looking to dish him off to the first person that comes in, I want to make sure he goes to the right family.
Patti & Otis (8/18/2006)

BoxerPerson

• Best Signature Quote - 2008; Most Addicted Member - 2009
  • Retired Member
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Hey, anybody in there?
Re: Boxer in need of a home (crosspost)
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 06:45:17 PM »
Awww...I sure hope he finds a perfect forever home.
Claire-Mom to Ollie, Zoe, Phoebe, Willie & Snookie

Goofy-Hailey-Nikki-Casey-Tyler-Cynder-Lilli-Daisy-Winnie-Felix-Levi-Ellie-&

Missy/Precious mom

• Most Encouraging Member - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 08:07:26 PM »
What a handsome boy.   :fingerscrossed: he finds the perfect home real soon.
Joyce

BoxerMomTo2

• Fully Weaned
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 08:04:19 AM »
He's gorgeous.  I hope he finds a loving home soon  :smitten:

Laurie - mom to...
Simon - brindle boy 1/25/06
Molly - flashy fawn rescue girl 6/9/06