Author Topic: Basic obedience class day 1  (Read 886 times)

Theresa

• Officially Boxer Crazy
  • "No Pressure, no diamonds"-Mary Case
    • Getting Evan
Basic obedience class day 1
« on: October 02, 2009, 09:06:56 PM »
 :wall: :wall: OMG today was the first class for basic obedience and Peas is one of the older ine is the class. Well he other "older" dog is about the same age and is a beagle. Well apparently the owner of he beagle is a dumba$$ because this dog has failed this class once already.

This stupid woman thought it was okay to let her beagle jump all over Peas. After a while Peas had enough and snapped at he dog. I brought Peas under control and the trainer had the woman move away from us. The stupid woman's response... "oh she taught her to lay down" ::) But near the end of class the woman was somehow next to us again and let her dog start jumping in Peas. AGAIN Peas had to put he dog in it's place.

I swear to God if this woman keeps it up I am going to scream at her. I don't want to be respionsible is Peanut really goes after this dog because of her stupidity.

Btw Peas is the smartest one in class and picked up on the heeling quickly
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 09:11:26 PM by Theresa »
Mom to:
Beasley (flashy fawn male) born 11/15/2005
Peanut (classic brindle female) born 2/15/2009
Evan (two legged brunette male) born 4/20/2011

jinxx

• Socialized
    • JinxxBoxers
Re: Basic obedience class day 1
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 09:35:47 PM »
good luck with that!!

We have a few of those types in our agility class
Hello!! #1- this is NOT play group
            #2- I'm amazed how many people are just dog body language stupid and make NO attempt to keep their dog under control. (pay no attention to what the dog is doing at the end of the 6ft leash while they chat with whoever is next to them)
Jill
JinxxBoxers http://jinxx.us/

CH. Jinxx Burlesque Dancer Zorita-
Jinxx Xcitable Boy Xeno

Missy/Precious mom

• Most Encouraging Member - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 09:42:09 PM »
I'm proud of Peas for being the smartest in the class :thumbsup:  It makes me so  :furious3: when stupid people let their dogs do what they want and bother other peoples dogs.  I get so mad when people let their dogs charge over to Precious.  Precious doesn't like being charged and she will immediately fight in response.   :wall: :wall:  Just keep your dog under control already.
Joyce

RocketBoxer

• Best All Rounder - 2009
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • (Leia)
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 10:09:21 PM »
Glad to hear Peas did so well  :thumbsup:

People like that drive me crazy - and I doubt she will ever get it  :brood:.  The best solution might be for you to be watchful and make sure that the dog gets nowhere near Peas again.  If they come close, you just move away.
Over the years I have become very skilled at avoiding stupid people and their dogs. And honestly, that is the best solution.
Kerry
Mom to Skye, Trigger, Leia and Lizzy
www.rocketboxers.com

Gone But Not Forgotten - Shaka & Star

"A dog's mind is a terrible thing to waste."

BoxerPerson

• Best Signature Quote - 2008; Most Addicted Member - 2009
  • Retired Member
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Hey, anybody in there?
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 12:05:03 AM »
WTG Peas
Claire-Mom to Ollie, Zoe, Phoebe, Willie & Snookie

Goofy-Hailey-Nikki-Casey-Tyler-Cynder-Lilli-Daisy-Winnie-Felix-Levi-Ellie-&

Theresa

• Officially Boxer Crazy
  • "No Pressure, no diamonds"-Mary Case
    • Getting Evan
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 09:29:04 AM »
It's the next day and I am still mad. This stupid woman was like "oh she is so dominate" blah blah blah. All I kept thinking was "she certainly dominates you". As soon as Peas snapped at the dog she exposed her belly. The dog is also very good for the trainer and I bet if I spent 5 minutes and I would have that dog under control.

If it happens again I am totally gonna have the lady have it
Mom to:
Beasley (flashy fawn male) born 11/15/2005
Peanut (classic brindle female) born 2/15/2009
Evan (two legged brunette male) born 4/20/2011

BoxerWB

• Administrator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 12:42:43 PM »
Your best bet is to always put yourself between Peas and the other dog - most owners who are dumb about watching their dogs in between exercises stay that way.  It is really your responsibility not to let Peas get put in a position where she teaches the dog some manners.. that should happen during play time and socialization, not class.  If it gets to the point where Beas snaps, you've let it go too far.

I can't tell you the number of times Beginner and Beginner II participants would just let their dog take all 6' and not even be facing the same way. So I had to learn to not only keep Dash under control, but be aware of what the other nearby dogs were doing.
Julia
Delta 03/12
Dash 07/06
Shady 07/05
In my heart: Xena 03/10/03 - 02/16/12

Samsons Mom

• Most Improved Member - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Sir-samps-a-lot :)
    • Samson's Therapy Dog Blog
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 01:26:41 PM »
WTG peas!

In samson OB classes there was a french owner who just let his dog mess around the whole time and try and play with samson, it was SOO annoying.
Keri, owned by- Samson, CGC, Therapy Dog(7/08)

Patti

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2009, 03:56:15 PM »
I agree with Julia, you should move in between the dogs and if it doesn't help say something to the owner and the trainer if need be. Sorry the beagle owner made your first class so annoying!
Patti & Otis (8/18/2006)

Newcastle

• Most Informed Member - 2009
  • Administrator
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • WHEEE!!!!!
    • Newcastle Boxers
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2009, 04:22:34 PM »
If it happens again I would definitely have words with the owner and the trainer. :angry:  I'm happy to hear (but not surprised!) that Peanut is the smartest in the class! ;D  It also sounds like, all things considered, she didn't go overboard with the rude dog, so even though its unfortunate you and she were put in that position, it's good that she responded appropriately. :)
Jennifer Walker
Newcastle Boxers, Reg'd
Mind ~ Body ~ Spirit ~ Naturally

Visit the Boxer Crazy Store