Author Topic: another byb  (Read 4282 times)

Bruins_Boxer

• Officially Boxer Crazy
    • Bruins Boxers
another byb
« on: September 03, 2009, 08:43:27 AM »
I had come across a posting about someone offering their 1yr old boxer for stud . So me being me and in the crappy mood I have been inlately I sent them a message asking for more info.
I asked about what tests they had done and listed the ones that I would like info on ,- holter , echo , hips , Dm , thyroid .Do they show ... This is the reply -

This will be the first time we've bred him.  Other than general health and vaccines he hasn't had any additional testing at this time.  We want to have him proven before we spend the extra time and money in obtaining the additional health clearances, etc.  I didn't say anything about dog shows in our ad....he is not scheduled to appear in any shows at this time. 
So I send a message back , telling them I am not interested because of the lack of testing . I get this back -

We are certified through the AKC not the American Boxer Club.  Many of the test the American Boxer Club recommends are for there own breeding programs and aren't able to be done on a boxer until they are 2 years of age.  Our boxer is a year old.  He is registered and has an AKC DNA.  When the time comes we may have additional testing done on him.  However, he is old enough according to the AKC to be bred.  He comes from a very long line of prestigious boxers from the XXXXX Line out of , VA.  Your more than welcome to do additional research and you will find that they are tremendous boxers with excellent health. 
Missi
Edy - Bruin's Espresso by Stephlyn , CGC    5-2-2006
Remy - Bruin's One Step Closer    7-27-2010

Gone but never forgotten Mocha , Titan , Charlotte .

Bugsys Mom

• Officially Boxer Crazy
  • I love you man!!
Re: another byb
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 08:49:46 AM »
 :wall: :wall:
Vicky

DingBat

• Weanling
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 09:11:13 AM »
How aggrevating!

I'd write back and ask if they even have an open registration on him!  If not, I'm sure the breeder would love to know they're trying to use the pup as stud!!

Theresa

• Officially Boxer Crazy
  • "No Pressure, no diamonds"-Mary Case
    • Getting Evan
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 09:18:53 AM »
Good Lord
Mom to:
Beasley (flashy fawn male) born 11/15/2005
Peanut (classic brindle female) born 2/15/2009
Evan (two legged brunette male) born 4/20/2011

whitepupzoe

• Most Supportive & Friendliest Member - 2008
  • Global Moderator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 09:20:47 AM »
Ugh!  :wall:
Kristin ~ Mom to Abby & George

Always In My Heart ~ Angels Zoe & Ariel

Patti

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 09:29:55 AM »
oh my :no:
Patti & Otis (8/18/2006)

Missy/Precious mom

• Most Encouraging Member - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 09:33:45 AM »
 :wall: :furious3:
Joyce

Newcastle

• Most Informed Member - 2009
  • Administrator
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • WHEEE!!!!!
    • Newcastle Boxers
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2009, 09:59:47 AM »
Well, if you wanted to get into it you could mention that the AKC doesn't "certify" anybody, and that they consistently recommend being aware of and screening for genetic disease, and following information provided by the national parent club, in their "Guide to Breeding Your Dog" - but I doubt it will do any good....

You might ask what compensation they'll provide to the bitch/puppy owners if their dogs drop dead before they're two years old because of a genetic disease they didn't bother to screen for....but again, I doubt it will do any good.
Jennifer Walker
Newcastle Boxers, Reg'd
Mind ~ Body ~ Spirit ~ Naturally

Visit the Boxer Crazy Store

Missy/Precious mom

• Most Encouraging Member - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2009, 10:03:30 AM »
It sounds like they are just wanting to breed for the $$$$$.  They have no investment in their own dog for health testing, showing or anything.  Very sad, unfortunately their are too too too many people out their with the same attitude :no:
Joyce

ltournat

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 10:59:20 AM »
Ugh. ::)
________
~Lisa, mom to Felix~

Rubidawg

• Best Story Teller - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
    • HeathDawgs
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 01:44:12 PM »
Gawd, it sounds like the exact same response I got from a guy on myspace that kept advertising his "German Boxer puppies for sale". I was so sick of reading his, "great dogs, healthy, vet checked" crap that I finally got into it with him. Told me the same shpiel (sp)....healthy dogs, ABC requires 2 years, AKC registered and says ok to 1 year, healthy line, might test later, blah blah blah. Whatta buncha crap! It also aggrevates me that the byber's are starting to use this angle to get around responsible breeders that charge more for REAL tested pups. :wall:
Dawn
Rubi, CGC - 2.16.05
Bauer - Rocket's Kindred Spirit RN CGC - 4.16.12
Ms. Kitty - 3.15.02
Forever In My Heart: Grady, Branwen's Northern Sky BN RA CGC - 12.22.07 - 5.25.12

r.fuentes

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2009, 01:58:00 PM »
 :no:!!!
RITA-mom to: Sadie, Ty & Powie

Patti

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2009, 03:32:16 PM »
Gawd, it sounds like the exact same response I got from a guy on myspace that kept advertising his "German Boxer puppies for sale". I was so sick of reading his, "great dogs, healthy, vet checked" crap that I finally got into it with him. Told me the same shpiel (sp)....healthy dogs, ABC requires 2 years, AKC registered and says ok to 1 year, healthy line, might test later, blah blah blah. Whatta buncha crap! It also aggrevates me that the byber's are starting to use this angle to get around responsible breeders that charge more for REAL tested pups. :wall:
jeez, do BYB'ers take a class to learn what to say to people who question them?
Patti & Otis (8/18/2006)

Bruins_Boxer

• Officially Boxer Crazy
    • Bruins Boxers
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2009, 03:38:54 PM »
jeez, do BYB'ers take a class to learn what to say to people who question them?

Well - they read what the reputable breeders put on their sites and then tweak it to make themselves look good .
Missi
Edy - Bruin's Espresso by Stephlyn , CGC    5-2-2006
Remy - Bruin's One Step Closer    7-27-2010

Gone but never forgotten Mocha , Titan , Charlotte .

fairview Boxers

• Socialized
  • Corky 7yrs...Grandaughter Bella 8 weeks
    • Fairview Boxers
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2009, 02:42:46 PM »
Anyone can speak eloquently, but in the long run, what they do will show whether they are reputable or not.  This type of crap gets under my skin so badly, mainly because I was taken in as a newby by eloquence and knowing what to say....  I know am much more careful about who I speak with and who I inquire with as well. 
(Bruins_Boxer 
jeez, do BYB'ers take a class to learn what to say to people who question them?)
Didn't you hear of the new classes started?  BYB101...... LMAO :yes:  there seems to be a over flowing amount of idiots that have taken it......especially in the boxer world today......

That sounds like a hoobly ad!!!!  :roflol:

It really isn't funny, but I am trying to not get mad.

Kat Medved
Aggie 7.7.2007, Ozzy 04.16.2012
At the Bridge: Corky 11.2.2002-2.2012, Cass 8.6.2005-6.2012 www.fairviewboxer.com