Author Topic: Hello all - New Member - Loren (PA)  (Read 3564 times)

mugRBG

• Just Whelped
Re: Hello all - New Member - Loren (PA)
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2009, 09:44:01 PM »
Theresa - sounds like it came together very nicely for you.

Sophia - Nice to know.

MissyPrecious Mom/Joyce - Sounds like good people....  :angel: I would probably be pretty nervous about getting a pup and having someone else go to the breeder/pick the pup up....another problem with really long distances would be that I'd have no way of knowing if they pass the common sense test (just being there, seeing what they do)....plus copies of all the health tests and all that.  :mad: I assume the spay/neuter contract would be to protect the line(s) that breeder had worked so hard towards improving?

GypsyMystic/Margaret - You've explained that pretty well. Thanks for the FYI, very interesting. I'll have to see if I can find the results or some online pictures after this weekend...that is pretty neat. Would breeders generally be willing to give you copied pedigrees showing the lineage of a pup you bought? Are the CH lines and/or health testing just as important on both the female/stud parents side? (2 females/2 studs) I'd like a black mask and maybe a flashy boy over another pup but that would just be preference....I certainly wouldn't push it if the time was right, I had found the right breeder, and they felt it was trivial and had the right puppy for me.

Thanks again all, I really should start reading some rather than looking at all the awesome pictures. PUPPY FEVER.  :sick2:  :dizzy2:

BoxerWB

• Administrator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2009, 09:54:33 PM »
BTW - "Champion Bloodlines" is used to describe lines that have champions anywhere in them.  Don't be fooled into thinking it's quality or the champions are close in the pedigree - unless you see it in the pedigree.

It might be a bit of a drive for you, but next weekend there is a show in Bainbridge, NY.  I believe the woman from Pheasant Hollow goes to it, I know I met a woman w/a white pup of hers last year. Boxers are showing at 10:45am on Saturday, 12:30pm on Sunday.  I'm going to be there competing in Rally w/my girl, we'll be pretty late in the day though, Rally is not even starting until 12:30pm/Sat and 11:45/Sun and we are Novice A level which is at the very end.
Julia
Delta 03/12
Dash 07/06
Shady 07/05
In my heart: Xena 03/10/03 - 02/16/12

Theresa

• Officially Boxer Crazy
  • "No Pressure, no diamonds"-Mary Case
    • Getting Evan
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2009, 07:15:11 AM »
If you can make it to the Bainbridge show...I'd do it.  Breeders LOVE that you take the time to see them out.  One suggestion if you do go.  Wait until the boxers are out of the ring before attempting to talk to the breeders....they love to watch their dogs and the ring (I am not allowed anymore with Beas)
Mom to:
Beasley (flashy fawn male) born 11/15/2005
Peanut (classic brindle female) born 2/15/2009
Evan (two legged brunette male) born 4/20/2011

mugRBG

• Just Whelped
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2009, 03:49:41 PM »
Julia/Theresa/Margaret - Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to either of those shows (New Paltz - Lyndell's Man of Honor, Bainbridge), but thanks for pointing those out though. Is there any chance of either being on animal planet or another channel? Thanks for the etiquette lesson though re: shows, I've never been, but if I go I'll know to let them perform and try to talk to some people when showing is done.

jinxx

• Socialized
    • JinxxBoxers
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2009, 04:10:46 PM »
you can search by state to look for other upcoming shows on infodog

http://www.infodog.com/showinfo/showCal.htm
Jill
JinxxBoxers http://jinxx.us/

CH. Jinxx Burlesque Dancer Zorita-
Jinxx Xcitable Boy Xeno

BoxerWB

• Administrator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2009, 04:23:38 PM »
Regional shows don't make it on to TV, only the "big" deals do.  I don't think an outdoor show would film all that well anyways.

I'd definitely suggest checking out InfoDog - summer is the season for outdoor shows and there are a lot of them. I'm sure there are some closer by to your area.
Julia
Delta 03/12
Dash 07/06
Shady 07/05
In my heart: Xena 03/10/03 - 02/16/12

BurningRiver

• Socialized
  • Copper Hill's Crown Jewel, TT
    • Burning River Boxers
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2009, 07:25:11 AM »
Only Partner has thyroid, holter, and echo listed. The other two dogs listed as studs don't have full testing listed - why is that? None of the females have ANY health testing listed - why is that?

Also, why isn't she showing her bitches and the one male? I see show pics/in-ring pics of two of her males. . . I'd ask her about it. Also, I personally prefer that hips be done. Just my personal preference (and granted, not one of the major issues in our breed currently), but still, the American Boxer Club recommends it.

It looks like you're doing your homework, which is a very good thing, but I did want to mention that you shouldn't feel scared through this process. You'll know when you find the perfect breeder. Best thing to do is just give her a call. Also, you shouldn't feel rushed into it. If you still feel scared, rushed or unconfident, I'd walk away.

There are always great breeders with great puppies out of great health tested/solid tempered/well conformed parents. You may just have to wait a bit, which is never a bad thing. It gives you time to do your homework and really get to know your breeder.

Good luck! :)
Jessica, Mia and Carter
Burning River Boxers
http://www.burningriverboxers.com

In Heaven: Nedra, CGC 12/24/00-1/29/11