Author Topic: Dock Dog  (Read 794 times)

NewMoon Boxers

• Fully Weaned
    • NewMoon Kennel
Dock Dog
« on: July 02, 2009, 08:41:01 AM »
Has anyone tried it?

It looks like fun. ;D

I think I might try it with Sage or Opal.

Does anyone know how to start training you do for this?
*Demi*
IABCA UKC Ch.NewCastle Disarming Charm at NewMoon (Sage)
StarValleys Satellite Heart (Bella)   
a silly little Yorkshire Terrier Sobie
*In memoryUKC Ch. StarValley's Precious Jewel CGC (Op

Bugsys Mom

• Officially Boxer Crazy
  • I love you man!!
Re: Dock Dog
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 08:47:40 AM »
I have been trying to get mine to jump off the dock.  Bugsy will do it sometimes if rachel runs to the end and jumps off, but it's rare.  Capone won't do it at all.  I will get Bugsy to jump in if I can get him all worked up about the 'fishies' swimming around the dock, but that takes some doing too.
Vicky

BoxerPerson

• Best Signature Quote - 2008; Most Addicted Member - 2009
  • Retired Member
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Hey, anybody in there?
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 08:48:15 AM »
I just read about that in the WDJ...sounded interesting.  Too bad I don't have a dock close by, or water...cuz Willie would be phenomonal! That boy can leap!!!
Claire-Mom to Ollie, Zoe, Phoebe, Willie & Snookie

Goofy-Hailey-Nikki-Casey-Tyler-Cynder-Lilli-Daisy-Winnie-Felix-Levi-Ellie-&

moorea

• Fully Weaned
    • http://www.mlaperformancedogs.com
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 01:50:50 PM »
We compete in Splash Dogs.  Angel our BC just competed in Stockton.  Moorea is training at the moment.
To train your pup I would reccomend that you start off slow.  Do you have a dock that is close by?  If so, teach your dog to get in and out of the water.  If you go to a dock dogs, or splash dogs event, practice with the ramp that is in the pool.  After your dog becomes confident with the ramp, and getting in and out.  Try the dock. Don't throw the toy far,just a few feet from the dock. Your pup won't jump far but thats ok.  Do not push your dog in, that will makes things a lot worse.  Take your time and don't rush things.  Moorea wears a vest right now it helps her confidence level. If you have any more questions feel free to pm me.
Melissa
Owned by Moorea TFE-I, FDCH-S,CGC also owned by Angel SD,JD,FD and Lexi TF-I,FD. And Isabella (skin kid) born 2/23/2009.
Proud member of Rev it Up Flyball Team and BADD