Author Topic: Need help finding a breeder in NY....  (Read 2299 times)

Newcastle

• Most Informed Member - 2009
  • Administrator
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • WHEEE!!!!!
    • Newcastle Boxers
Re: Need help finding a breeder in NY....
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2007, 12:08:09 PM »
You don't have to have a dog, you can just go and watch. :)  (As a side note, some clubs won't let you bring a dog that's not entered, and honestly if it's your first show I don't recommend bringing a dog, anyway - there's too much going on!)  Sometimes there will be an admission fee, sometimes there will be a parking fee, sometimes both and sometimes neither.  Totally depends on the site and the club. 

You can look in the "premium list" to see about those things, and about a week before the show the "judging program" will be available, which will tell you those things as well as what time the breeds you want to see are showing, how many, and in what ring.  For the show this weekend her in Michigan, for example, the judging program gives the following information:

Admission - Spectators without I.D., $5.00; Children under 12 & Seniors, $3.00. Children under 5 will be admitted free.

PARKING 
no charge for day parking of motor vehicles.

Then, for the breed information:

Entry.....Breed.....Ring.....Time
17.........Boxers....4.........8:30

Meaning there are 17 Boxers entered, and they are showing in Ring 4 at 8:30 a.m.  To get more specific, you can jump down to the listing for Ring 4 and find the following:

RING FOUR
JUDGE: Ms. Madeline K. Miller
8:30 AM

17 - Boxers 7-7-(1-2)
17 - Great Danes 7-7-(1-2)

The entry breakdown goes Class Dogs - Class Bitches - (Specials Dogs - Specials Bitches) - Non-regular Dogs - Non-regular Bitches.

So in this case, in the classes there are 7 dogs and 7 bitches, there is 1 Specials dog (already a Champion) and two Specials bitches.  There are no non-regular entries at this show (these are things like Veterans, Stud Dog & Brood Bitch which aren't generally held at all-breed shows.)

It is pure coincidence that Great Danes have the same entry breakdown as Boxers at this show!  Great Danes will also be listed as Ring 4 at 8:30 a.m.; they start as soon as Boxers finish.

Following those two breeds is:

9:45 AM
7 - Rottweilers 1-5-(1-0)
3 - Toy Fox Terriers 0-1-(0-2)
24 - Papillons 11-9-(3-1)

This means that, no matter what time Danes finish (so long as it's before 9:45 a.m.), Rotties will not start showing until 9:45.  TFTs will go in right after Rotties finish, and Paps will go in after TFTs.

The judging program is here:
http://www.infodog.com/jps/087/jpg087.htm , or http://www.infodog.com/jps/087/jpg087.pdf for the PDF, which is prettier. ;)

The links won't be functional after this weekend, but the basic information/navigation is the same.  (Some superintendents only give the breed/ring/time in the beginning part.)
Jennifer Walker
Newcastle Boxers, Reg'd
Mind ~ Body ~ Spirit ~ Naturally

Visit the Boxer Crazy Store

Hanna Banana

• Best Topics & Most Thought-Provoking Posts - 2008
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Play Nice!
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2007, 12:17:10 PM »
You don't have to have a dog, you can just go and watch.   (As a side note, some clubs won't let you bring a dog that's not entered

Jennifer - is this the case at the ABC?  We were planning on bringing Hanna.
Heather  - Mom to Hanna Banana & Kash

Newcastle

• Most Informed Member - 2009
  • Administrator
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • WHEEE!!!!!
    • Newcastle Boxers
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2007, 12:39:43 PM »
No, you can bring unentered dogs to ABC.  (Heck, with 650-whatever entries they'd be hard-pressed to enforce that, anyway!)
Jennifer Walker
Newcastle Boxers, Reg'd
Mind ~ Body ~ Spirit ~ Naturally

Visit the Boxer Crazy Store

dianex

• Potty Trained
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2007, 12:40:39 PM »
You don't have to have a dog, you can just go and watch. :)  (As a side note, some clubs won't let you bring a dog that's not entered, and honestly if it's your first show I don't recommend bringing a dog, anyway - there's too much going on!)  Sometimes there will be an admission fee, sometimes there will be a parking fee, sometimes both and sometimes neither.  Totally depends on the site and the club. 

You can look in the "premium list" to see about those things, and about a week before the show the "judging program" will be available, which will tell you those things as well as what time the breeds you want to see are showing, how many, and in what ring.  For the show this weekend her in Michigan, for example, the judging program gives the following information:

Admission - Spectators without I.D., $5.00; Children under 12 & Seniors, $3.00. Children under 5 will be admitted free.

PARKING 
no charge for day parking of motor vehicles.

Then, for the breed information:

Entry.....Breed.....Ring.....Time
17.........Boxers....4.........8:30

Meaning there are 17 Boxers entered, and they are showing in Ring 4 at 8:30 a.m.  To get more specific, you can jump down to the listing for Ring 4 and find the following:

RING FOUR
JUDGE: Ms. Madeline K. Miller
8:30 AM

17 - Boxers 7-7-(1-2)
17 - Great Danes 7-7-(1-2)

The entry breakdown goes Class Dogs - Class Bitches - (Specials Dogs - Specials Bitches) - Non-regular Dogs - Non-regular Bitches.

So in this case, in the classes there are 7 dogs and 7 bitches, there is 1 Specials dog (already a Champion) and two Specials bitches.  There are no non-regular entries at this show (these are things like Veterans, Stud Dog & Brood Bitch which aren't generally held at all-breed shows.)

It is pure coincidence that Great Danes have the same entry breakdown as Boxers at this show!  Great Danes will also be listed as Ring 4 at 8:30 a.m.; they start as soon as Boxers finish.

Following those two breeds is:

9:45 AM
7 - Rottweilers 1-5-(1-0)
3 - Toy Fox Terriers 0-1-(0-2)
24 - Papillons 11-9-(3-1)

This means that, no matter what time Danes finish (so long as it's before 9:45 a.m.), Rotties will not start showing until 9:45.  TFTs will go in right after Rotties finish, and Paps will go in after TFTs.

The judging program is here:
http://www.infodog.com/jps/087/jpg087.htm , or http://www.infodog.com/jps/087/jpg087.pdf for the PDF, which is prettier. ;)

The links won't be functional after this weekend, but the basic information/navigation is the same.  (Some superintendents only give the breed/ring/time in the beginning part.)

Thank you very much for the break down explaination, i really needed it.  I'm totally new to this and i was totally lost when i went to infodog.com.  But now i have the general idea,i think i'm going to be attending one of the shows in my area next month. Thank you again
<3 Cheech aka bud~5 year old male, fawn w/ mask, natural floppy ears + docked tail <3

Theresa

• Officially Boxer Crazy
  • "No Pressure, no diamonds"-Mary Case
    • Getting Evan
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2007, 12:56:38 PM »
Diane-The show at planting fields has a parking fee of $5....other than that there are vendors (leashes and collars and toys etc.)and food.
Mom to:
Beasley (flashy fawn male) born 11/15/2005
Peanut (classic brindle female) born 2/15/2009
Evan (two legged brunette male) born 4/20/2011

dianex

• Potty Trained
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2007, 01:05:05 PM »
Diane-The show at planting fields has a parking fee of $5....other than that there are vendors (leashes and collars and toys etc.)and food.

ok sounds good.  \ ;D
<3 Cheech aka bud~5 year old male, fawn w/ mask, natural floppy ears + docked tail <3

Hanna Banana

• Best Topics & Most Thought-Provoking Posts - 2008
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Play Nice!
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2007, 01:34:25 PM »
Hey Dianne -

Look at what I found - a sweet girl in a NY shelter.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/stn/pet/317354229.html

Heather  - Mom to Hanna Banana & Kash

ibox

• Fully Weaned
  • I ate ALL of Santa's Cookies!!
    • ibox boxers
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2007, 08:38:13 PM »
Hey Dianne -

Look at what I found - a sweet girl in a NY shelter.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/stn/pet/317354229.html

OMG, She's sooo cute!
~Adrian
Home to Aeschylus vom Schattenboxen (Ishie) and lovely Lily

Bers

• Most Underrated Member - 2009
  • Administrator
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • DEADHEAD
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2007, 08:41:29 PM »
She is really pretty, and looks sooooo sweet!!! :smitten:
Amber