Author Topic: Things to give them so their pee doesnt kill the grass?  (Read 8367 times)

Heidi-n-Koby

• Retired Member
  • Moved On
Re: Things to give them so their pee doesnt kill the grass?
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2009, 05:34:45 PM »
Well we have increased their water.  Heidi is doing fine (she was our constant water drinker) but Koby has had 3 accidents today!  Its thunderstorming really bad though and I think he's scared, so maybe that has something to do with it?  He's been fine the last 3-4 days since we've increased the water.

blynn03

• Most Helpful Member - 2008
  • Global Moderator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2009, 05:40:54 PM »
If the accidents have anything to do with the increase in water, I think he'll get over it in time.  If he was used to small amounts of water, it's pretty understandable for him not to know how to handle more.

Dogs should have fresh water available at all times except maybe during potty training when it can be picked up a few hours before bed time.  They will learn to drink a little at a time instead of gorging themselves, and they'll get into a routine with the pottying too.
*Brandy*

Griff & Bella

Heidi-n-Koby

• Retired Member
  • Moved On
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2009, 05:53:49 PM »
We increased the water on I think Friday?  I went and got them a nice large stainless steel bowl.  I want to switch them to eating out of stainless steel but I have to save up the money for it.  (I just learned on here a few weeks ago how bad plastic was)  He was fine all day friday and yesterday, but today it is storming so I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

blynn03

• Most Helpful Member - 2008
  • Global Moderator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2009, 06:40:36 PM »
Has he shown any fear of storms in the past?  If so, I'd say that's a pretty reasonable guess.....a little fear and a little more water than he's used to make a couple accidents. 
*Brandy*

Griff & Bella

Heidi-n-Koby

• Retired Member
  • Moved On
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2009, 07:31:05 PM »
Has he shown any fear of storms in the past?  If so, I'd say that's a pretty reasonable guess.....a little fear and a little more water than he's used to make a couple accidents. 

We've only had one other thunder storm since having him and there wasnt any major fears that I noticed.  But he did seem a little stressed out.

Bers

• Most Underrated Member - 2009
  • Administrator
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • DEADHEAD
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2009, 08:44:36 PM »
I think we're about to get hit with the same thunderstorms you guys had earlier. I think it's totally reasonable to think that with extra water, and now the scariness of the storms, he might have some trouble holding it. Just keep him under close supervision for a few days while he adjusts to the change.
Amber