Author Topic: kennel problems  (Read 1192 times)

Samsons Mom

• Most Improved Member - 2009
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Sir-samps-a-lot :)
    • Samson's Therapy Dog Blog
kennel problems
« on: March 17, 2009, 07:29:01 PM »
samson does not like his kennel anymore. i know its probably cause the move but he just hates it. he spends maybe 4 or 5 hours in there(depending on the day) i let him out on my lunch break now since i live so close to work.

i usually cover it but hes been trying to grap the blanket in the kennel(even did this at my parents house) so i have stopped covering it and he doesnt try to pull it in as much. this morning i put him in there, gave him his cookie and a kong and closed the door, went to brush my teeth, come back into the room and he was sticking his paw thru the crack trying to dig himself out. then i went home on my lunch break and let him out in the yard and ran around with him for 30mins, then i put him in his kennel, gave him his cookie, but right when i closed the bedroom door her was crying and barking...it was so sad :'(

should i work on Reintroducing the kennel to him? when i was cleaning on sunday i out him in there while i was mopping and he did ok cause i was going in and out of the room and treating/praising him while he was in there.
Keri, owned by- Samson, CGC, Therapy Dog(7/08)

BoxerPerson

• Best Signature Quote - 2008; Most Addicted Member - 2009
  • Retired Member
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Hey, anybody in there?
Re: kennel problems
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 07:32:57 PM »
Yes work with him again.  Poor Samson
Claire-Mom to Ollie, Zoe, Phoebe, Willie & Snookie

Goofy-Hailey-Nikki-Casey-Tyler-Cynder-Lilli-Daisy-Winnie-Felix-Levi-Ellie-&

Bumpy

• Forum Wise Alec - 2008
  • Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 07:34:20 PM »
He used to get visits from mom and others at home from time to time right? He may just need to adjust to being in chill mode for a while when momma is at work. Don't give in to his puppy dog antics or it won't get better.
  Shelly CGC 7.13.06 Keanu 5.16.07

Samsons Mom

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 07:37:15 PM »
He used to get visits from mom and others at home from time to time right? He may just need to adjust to being in chill mode for a while when momma is at work. Don't give in to his puppy dog antics or it won't get better.

my parents would let him out when they got home(probably an hour before me) now my roomie will let him out when she gets home on a break from work or between classes. i just ignore him till he calms down when he does this while im home.

Patti

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 07:38:42 PM »
Yeah, you've gotta train him over again. :confused: Otis was bad too when my friend was living with us, especially when he could hear her walking around.
Patti & Otis (8/18/2006)

Samsons Mom

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 07:43:17 PM »
i also keep his kennel in my room. she doesnt kennel her dog so i dont think it would be fair for him to have to see her walking around while hes in his kennel.

Patti

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 07:44:43 PM »
Yep I used to kennel in my room with the door shut too. It's a change of pace for him, he need to get  used to it.
Patti & Otis (8/18/2006)

Samsons Mom

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 07:53:31 PM »
Yep I used to kennel in my room with the door shut too. It's a change of pace for him, he need to get  used to it.

thats what i do. i was thinking of trying a radio?

Patti

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 08:34:06 PM »
That might help, actually. It depends on whether it will soothe him or agitate him more. With Otis he knew someone was in the house & was trying to get them to let him out.
Patti & Otis (8/18/2006)

M.vazquez

• Vet Checked
  • Capone back in his Gangsta days! :D
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 08:39:44 PM »
hope he learns to love his kennel again!
capone didn't really like his he would run if i called his name and told him to get in the kennel! lol but he did fine once he was in there .. funny thing is since now cole has a kennel he lovvess to go in there willingly!  :laugh4:
my boxer babiesss =)
Capone - Male - blk mask fawn - July '07
Cole - Male - Flashy fawn - November '08