Author Topic: Is this a good head?  (Read 2103 times)

aquagirl900

• Socialized
Re: Is this a good head?
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2009, 11:10:13 PM »
IMO, Mugs does look  a bit on the chunky side to me

Patti

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2009, 11:16:36 PM »
I'll be blunt - I think Mugs is heavy.. puppies are *supposed* to be skinny and lanky at that age. Maybe not to the extreme that Mocha was, but ribs SHOULD show, they should be skinny! Since you are used to Max's heavy weight, it probably doesn't look wrong to you, but boxer puppies should be "stocky" - even pups with a decent amount of bone go through skinny stages (look at Odeya's Jack).

I think that may be why Kat mistook her for a boy - the heaviness seems to give her a masculine look?

Jeez louise, Julia. Mugs looks like a puppy with a lot of skin. I don't think from the pics posted that she looks like she should go on Atkins or anything.
Patti & Otis (8/18/2006)

AandWBoxers

• Potty Trained
  • One of those days!
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2009, 10:26:44 AM »
 :roflol:  Atkins  :chef:
This wasn't a good picture of her, since she's not standing straight - I do see her ribs when she's standing or laying on the floor like now, while chewing something.  It's hard to catch that in a photo sometimes - especially when they don't stay still long enough for the flash to go off!   :boing: 

Wendy
Mocha, CGC 4/26/04  :sombrero:    Mugs 9/27/08  :devilish:    Axel 7/21/10  :puppy:
Max, CGC, TP 5/3/03 - 8/27/09  :angel:

RocketBoxer

• Best All Rounder - 2009
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • (Leia)
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2009, 10:40:37 AM »
She looks fine to me. She has some substance, but she doesn't look overweight to me.
Kerry
Mom to Skye, Trigger, Leia and Lizzy
www.rocketboxers.com

Gone But Not Forgotten - Shaka & Star

"A dog's mind is a terrible thing to waste."

Sophia Sadeyes

• Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2009, 10:46:14 AM »
She looks fine to me. She has some substance, but she doesn't look overweight to me.

i agree. She looks like he has nice substance not chunky.  Strummer never really went though a lanky overly skinny phase.
Sophia: CGC, OAJ, 05.05.06
Strummer: CGC, OA, AXJ  02.20.08