Author Topic: Puppy mill with 500 pregnant dogs in WA  (Read 3636 times)

BurningRiver

• Socialized
  • Copper Hill's Crown Jewel, TT
    • Burning River Boxers
Re: Puppy mill with 500 pregnant dogs in WA
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2009, 10:40:35 AM »
Redarless if there are 500 preganat dogs or 20....it's all bad.

I didn't say that 20 wasn't bad, but I think we can all agree that 20 is a far cry from 500, period. In a day in which we're facing losing our rights to breed responsibly I think that accuracy in numbers is extremely important and I'll loudly decry any attempt to sensationalize at every chance I get.

It makes me laugh to think that someone whould belive that Theresa is talking about anything other than puppymills.  :laugh4: What is the "it" you are talking about??  :inquisitive:

To quote my earlier post:

The reality?! This is the reality of where all puppies come from? Who is she trying to kid?   :veryangry:
Jessica, Mia and Carter
Burning River Boxers
http://www.burningriverboxers.com

In Heaven: Nedra, CGC 12/24/00-1/29/11

KidneyBeans

• Potty Trained
  • Camo & Stella
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2009, 10:52:58 AM »
good grief  :dizzy:
elisha, camo, stella & josh

blynn03

• Most Helpful Member - 2008
  • Global Moderator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2009, 11:04:33 AM »
I think people are reading Theresa's quote differently, and that is the source of some of the disagreement here. 

Some people are reading "that's where the reality is" as "this is the reality of puppy mills," and some people are reading it as "this is the reality of where puppies come from." 

Obviously I'm not Theresa and I can't speak to what she REALLY meant with her quote.  If she meant "this is the reality of puppy mills"...I think she was speaking to the horrible conditions, etc., and I would agree with that.  If she meant "this is the reality of where puppies come from"...I disagree with that, because we all know that there are responsible breeders out there.

All I can say is...I don't think people's views on puppy mills are fundamentally different here.  I think we are all in agreement that puppy mills are bad.
*Brandy*

Griff & Bella

KidneyBeans

• Potty Trained
  • Camo & Stella
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2009, 11:07:12 AM »
Good job!  :thumbsup: You get a cookie
elisha, camo, stella & josh