Author Topic: Natural Balance Recall (URGENT - UPDATE 4-18-07)  (Read 2058 times)

BoxerPerson

• Best Signature Quote - 2008; Most Addicted Member - 2009
  • Retired Member
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Hey, anybody in there?
Claire-Mom to Ollie, Zoe, Phoebe, Willie & Snookie

Goofy-Hailey-Nikki-Casey-Tyler-Cynder-Lilli-Daisy-Winnie-Felix-Levi-Ellie-&

ltournat

• Officially Boxer Crazy
Re: Natural Balance Recall (URGENT - UPDATE 4-18-07)
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2007, 03:04:02 PM »
Ok, it says on there that the Royal Canin Veterinary Diet formula was recalled...and thats the food I've been feeding Felix since he had Pancreatitis...except it was their low-fat formula.  Just called my vet and they reassured me that none of the Royal Canin products have been recalled, and that's what their website says as well...

I wonder why it's on that list... :confused:
________
~Lisa, mom to Felix~

Bers

• Most Underrated Member - 2009
  • Administrator
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • DEADHEAD
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2007, 06:57:54 PM »
Is it the cat version that got recalled?
Amber

Mari

• Potty Trained
  • Wanna Play?
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2007, 10:21:32 PM »
I'm beginning to worry. We had Pepino on Venison and brown rice I want to say about a month ago or so...right before the Pet expo I posted on here. He had done well on every other formula of Natural Balance...and we wanted to vary from the potato and duck so we tried that one and the result was very very soggy poop that did not get better through an almost 40 lb bag of it. We just assumed something in it didn't sit well with him as some foods in the past we have tried did...we didn't think it was anything abnormal since he has a sensitive tummy.

He didn't have any signs of kidney failure or anything, no vomiting etc. other than the poop being soggy, and we have since finished the bag, and he is on cali natural now... but I am worried still and we have no proof he was ever on this food other than possibly a post on this forum...I'll check and see. I feel he needs a vet visit....  :no: :bigcry:
Mari, Kalani and Pepino =)

Ratfingers

• Vet Checked
  • ~Cash Butt~
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2007, 11:09:59 PM »
My dogs have been on NB for about 2 months now. I just opened a 40lb bag of the premium original this week...AAUUGGH!  :brood:
~Julie~
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world shall know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

Bers

• Most Underrated Member - 2009
  • Administrator
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • DEADHEAD
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2007, 12:39:03 PM »
Mari - Yes, take him to the vet. Please let us know right away what they say!
Amber