Author Topic: If the cats won't eat it, feed it to the dogs.  (Read 684 times)

Bers

• Most Underrated Member - 2009
  • Administrator
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • DEADHEAD
If the cats won't eat it, feed it to the dogs.
« on: April 15, 2007, 08:11:35 AM »
So my cats decided that Nature's Variety raw is not their style. Since it's so expensive, I'm not going to waste anymore of it sitting out waiting for them to eat it, just to end up throwing it out. I'll try something else, or maybe just break down and splurge on a grinder on payday.

So, not to let it go to waste, I decided to see if the dogs would like it any better. I figured Koda would eat it right up - he knows about raw from our last experiment with premade frozen patties, which he loved. But I wasn't sure how Sammie and Lucy would react. Not to worry - all three ate it like it was the best thing they had ever tasted. These are fast and voracious eaters anyway, and for raw food they kicked it up another notch. They were absolutely thrilled, and we got a good laugh out of their reaction. They were all sweet as pie the rest of the night, must have been feeling good! ;D
Amber

BoxerPerson

• Best Signature Quote - 2008; Most Addicted Member - 2009
  • Retired Member
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Hey, anybody in there?
Re: If the cats won't eat it, feed it to the dogs.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 08:22:16 AM »
LOL...if anyone doesn't eat here...I have 2 garbage disposals that will take care of it...Phoebe & Goofy.  Ollie is the biggest picky eater I have, but he likes mamma's cookies!!!
Claire-Mom to Ollie, Zoe, Phoebe, Willie & Snookie

Goofy-Hailey-Nikki-Casey-Tyler-Cynder-Lilli-Daisy-Winnie-Felix-Levi-Ellie-&

Boxermom,K

• Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 10:45:51 AM »
LOL that too funny. Bubba is a picky eater, especially when it comes to treats! Although when we go through the drive through window at the bank he gets all excited and presses his face to the window so they send him out a treat. The funny thing is he HATES their treats and won't eat them, I think he just wants to be noticed. Laila on the other hand will eat just about anything.

Bubba 12/30/00 - 10/29/07
Kristi
Mom to Laila CGC- 9 year old fawn, Viktor CGC, TDI- 7 year old heeler mix

steph0808

• Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 11:57:31 AM »
That is funny. At least your dogs got something good even if your cats are snobs! haha. Just kidding.
Riley - 9/19/2008

grammie

• Retired Member
  • Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 12:49:58 AM »
 :lmao: of course the doggies will eat it!! 

i agree NV is obscenely expensive by weight.