Author Topic: What do you think of this Breeder *Update* again 4/17  (Read 3895 times)

Bugsys Mom

• Officially Boxer Crazy
  • I love you man!!
What do you think of this Breeder *Update* again 4/17
« on: April 10, 2007, 10:03:53 AM »
Everything looks good to me, but I have not contacted them yet.  Anyone have any comments?  I love Packapunch!  He is gorgeous!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 09:07:16 AM by Bugsys Mom »
Vicky

Theresa

• Officially Boxer Crazy
  • "No Pressure, no diamonds"-Mary Case
    • Getting Evan
Re: What do you think of this Breeder
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 10:04:16 AM »
link?
Mom to:
Beasley (flashy fawn male) born 11/15/2005
Peanut (classic brindle female) born 2/15/2009
Evan (two legged brunette male) born 4/20/2011

Bugsys Mom

• Officially Boxer Crazy
  • I love you man!!
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 10:08:27 AM »
Vicky

Theresa

• Officially Boxer Crazy
    • Getting Evan
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 10:17:58 AM »
The website doesnt seem to give a lot of information.  It's good to know that they show their dogs.  Find out about the health testing....check out Jennifer's website re: questions to ask the breeder.
Mom to:

Christen83

• Socialized
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 10:24:50 AM »
They link to the ABC Code of Ethics, so that's a good sign, but ya, I'd ask about testing.

BoxerWB

• Administrator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 10:26:10 AM »
Prety sparse website, but nothing jumps up as a red flag.   Looks like they just started it.  They link to the ABC Code of Ethics, which isn't a bad thing  ;) but definitely more question would need to be asked.

Wish they had a bigger/closer pic of Halo.. he looks 'black'  :blank: and I'd love to see what his brindling is like.
Julia
Delta 03/12
Dash 07/06
Shady 07/05
In my heart: Xena 03/10/03 - 02/16/12

Hanna Banana

• Best Topics & Most Thought-Provoking Posts - 2008
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Play Nice!
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 10:26:38 AM »
Yep agree with the above - just because they link it does not always mean the follow it (wink wink).

Its better to get a feel from a breeder by establishing a relationship, and then getting to know their dogs and breeding program.

Good Luck Vick!
Heather  - Mom to Hanna Banana & Kash

Bugsys Mom

• Officially Boxer Crazy
  • I love you man!!
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 10:29:17 AM »
I know I have a lot of questions to ask, but I am sooo intimidated where to start.  I have been reading Jennifer's questions to ask a breeder, but I am scared I will say something to turn a good breeder off to me.

I have no confidence. ::)
Vicky

Bers

• Most Underrated Member - 2009
  • Administrator
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • DEADHEAD
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 10:33:12 AM »
I like their "objectives", nothing that bothers me there. And I like the link to the CoE. I'd say definitely someone to contact and get to know better. I'd ask about their health testing, the goals of their breeding program, their rearing and training philosphies.

I also think Halo looks black, and I wonder if they even have him turned not-quite-to-profile to enhance the black look. I am skeptical of and turned off by any breeder who is too interested in breeding "reverse brindles".
Amber

Christen83

• Socialized
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 10:35:24 AM »
Don't worry about turning off a good breeder by asking well informed questions.  When I started contacting breeders looking for a second boxer I was worried about that too, but they were all more than happy to answer my questions and excited to talk to someone that had done research before starting the search.

Bers

• Administrator
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • DEADHEAD
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007, 10:37:46 AM »
Vicky, dear, you have a wonderful, awesome, EXCELLENT home for a boxer puppy. You are interested and educated in all-things boxer, and learning new things every day. You concern yourself with grooming, training, feeding, and all aspects of caring for your pets. You go the extra mile and then some. Anybody with good sense would be thrilled to have you contact them about a puppy.

Plus, you rub virtual elbows with a huge network of boxer lovers and enthusiasts.

Just send them a note, explain to them your experience with boxers so far, what you've learned, and what your hopes are for the future. Tell them you are interested in learning more about their breeding program and their rearing philosophy. Tell them you are beginning some preliminary research into breeders and establishing contacts within the breeding community. Ask if they are going to be attending any shows in the area soon where you could go and see their dogs and meet them in person.
Amber

Bers

• Administrator
  • Canine Good Citizen
  • DEADHEAD
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2007, 10:38:59 AM »
Also, remember that you are not the only one being scrutinized. You are looking for a breeder who meets YOUR requirements and expectations as well.
Amber

Bugsys Mom

• Officially Boxer Crazy
  • I love you man!!
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2007, 10:42:22 AM »
Thanks Amber!  I am going to send them an email now asking some prelim. questions and ask abotu shows in MN.
Vicky

Theresa

• Officially Boxer Crazy
    • Getting Evan
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2007, 10:56:17 AM »
And if you want us to "proof read" your email to the breeder we'd love too.  I know I had a million emails to my breeder before we even met her.
Mom to:

Bugsys Mom

• Officially Boxer Crazy
  • I love you man!!
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2007, 11:00:44 AM »
Thanks T!  I just sent a quick email telling her a little abotu myself and that I had tons of questions and she woul dbe hearing more from me.  The only question I asked was about healt testing so far.
Vicky