Author Topic: Our New Class  (Read 729 times)

Hanna Banana

• Best Topics & Most Thought-Provoking Posts - 2008
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Play Nice!
Our New Class
« on: September 17, 2008, 08:31:47 PM »
We have not been making it to our Tueday classes so my instructor let us make up class on Wed which is a competition class.   Its three other dogs, two cockers and a collie.  These are people who compete regularly.  Same class we ran the Novice B Fast course in.   This week we just did a standard Novice course.  Let me just say Hanna is a totaly different dog in this class than she is when we are in the Tueday class.  Not sure if its because we are in the barn, the distraction levels are down or what.  She ran AWESOME tonight.   Better than the two cockers that compete like every other week.   So tonight our instructor asked us if we want in on this class instead of the Tuesday class.  So we said sure!!!   

It was soo much fun, and a great release from stress tonight.  I find when you dont over think the course and just run it, you flow a lot better.  I did two walk thrus with no dog.  I played a good game of tug with her, to get her going, and she was great.   She has points in her run where she really comes out of the chute at like 10times the speed she was running before she entered ,and whips right thru a set of jumps but because she kicks it up, I will sometimes lose the rear cross  - its not pretty.  But what I have to do while she is in the chute is to get way infront of her because she flies. 

Good Work out - think I lost about 5 lbs!!!

Next week will take some video.   
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 08:46:01 PM by Hanna Banana »
Heather  - Mom to Hanna Banana & Kash

tbs

• Potty Trained
Re: Our New Class
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 08:54:24 PM »
Glad it went well. Sounds like yall had fun.

Knox(aka Knucklehead ~ 6.02.07) CGC RN

BoxerPerson

• Best Signature Quote - 2008; Most Addicted Member - 2009
  • Retired Member
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Hey, anybody in there?
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 09:56:35 PM »
Heather you need to post some videos of Hanny doing her agility! 
Claire-Mom to Ollie, Zoe, Phoebe, Willie & Snookie

Goofy-Hailey-Nikki-Casey-Tyler-Cynder-Lilli-Daisy-Winnie-Felix-Levi-Ellie-&

GypsyMystic

• Potty Trained
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 10:00:24 PM »
Way to go, Hanna & Heather! Sounds like this class will help get you ready for the trials you have coming up.
Margaret
Gypsy RE, NA, OAJ, OF, CGC  8/10/03
Mystic OA, OAJ, OF, CA  CGC 5/12/06
Stryker Can/UKC CH Winmere Only Time Will Tell CA 3/8/09
Carly  Mystic's baby 7/26/10
Abby  Stryker's baby 12/15/1