Author Topic: Agility playsets on sale  (Read 1159 times)

BoxerWB

• Administrator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
Agility playsets on sale
« on: June 05, 2008, 01:53:24 PM »
I got a catalog from Drs Foster & Smith yesterday and they had these "AKC standard" Agility Playsets on sale.  I was trying to figure out if the tunnel and chute were a good value - in the catalog they are listed at $69.99 each.

Does AKC standard refer to durability/materials or just the height... Is a competition chute longer? I know competition tunnels *can* be longer - are they always, or do some courses use 10' tunnels?

We are low on storage space, so I figure these I can collapse and stick in a corner. I'm hoping to have a larger range of equipment (made by the loving husband) at some point, but thought these would be a good starting point since they are things Aaron can't whip up.

I haven't got a lot of cash to spend, so when I do put the money down, I want what I get to last me a while.

Also hoping to share the deal w/other newbie agility folks, if some experienced folks can tell us that it's a good deal!
Julia
Delta 03/12
Dash 07/06
Shady 07/05
In my heart: Xena 03/10/03 - 02/16/12

whitepupzoe

• Most Supportive & Friendliest Member - 2008
  • Global Moderator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
Re: Agility playsets on sale
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 01:55:56 PM »
Hey those are cool!  :2thumbsup:

I broke out the little crappy starter kit I bought the other day to see if Abby could get the hang of it...did not go well. Might have had somethign to do with trying to train her while Zoe was there pushing her way thru.  :laugh4: Abby was scared of the tunnel and the weave poles.  Zoe on the other hand picked it right back up!  :2thumbsup:
Kristin ~ Mom to Abby & George

Always In My Heart ~ Angels Zoe & Ariel

BoxerWB

• Administrator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
Re: Agility playsets on sale
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 02:01:27 PM »
Aww, Zoe says "See mom, I'm cool... ignore bouncy but boring ol' Abby!"  :laugh4:

I considered getting that set at one point, but I think Dash needs something a bit more durable  :laugh4:
Julia
Delta 03/12
Dash 07/06
Shady 07/05
In my heart: Xena 03/10/03 - 02/16/12