Author Topic: Where to go from Here...  (Read 1477 times)

Hanna Banana

• Best Topics & Most Thought-Provoking Posts - 2008
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Play Nice!
Where to go from Here...
« on: March 29, 2007, 09:23:58 AM »
(Renee)

We have just completed Adult Good Manners II, and still working with our personal trainer on control.

The program we were in for good manner II, has a next step which is the agility.   They said she is going to have control issues and is kind of young for the program, and that is common of the boxer breed, they are not mellow dogs.   

So I am wondering do I entroll her into more obedience or try to look for a different school to introduce her to the agility course and keep working on control with my personal trainer?

I can see she is getting SOOO bored with sit, lay, stay, and me (which is to look at me).   She loved the hurdles we did, as well as the targeting.   So just looking for some advice on what I should do and work on next?
Heather  - Mom to Hanna Banana & Kash

Hanna Banana

• Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Play Nice!
Re: Where to go from Here...
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 09:35:55 AM »
There is an agility school off exit 3 Plymouth.   The instructor I found on clean run.  He only does higher level agilty training, at master and excellent levels (ummm this is not my dog). 

However he said we can come by and meet him at one of his classes.   And if there is any other interest in the area, he may have a beginner class put together.

Bumpy???   Bailey???  anyone !  ha ha.

Renee

• Vet Checked
    • vonWaldstadt
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 11:14:03 AM »
Check your PM's

Hanna Banana

• Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Play Nice!
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 11:43:33 AM »
Thanks Renee!

Hanna Banana

• Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Play Nice!
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 12:46:00 PM »
Renee -

Any recommended reading on agilty that could be helpful with commands and proceedures that I can start reading?

Bumpy

• Forum Wise Alec - 2008
  • Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 09:10:44 PM »
There is an agility school off exit 3 Plymouth.   The instructor I found on clean run.  He only does higher level agilty training, at master and excellent levels (ummm this is not my dog). 

However he said we can come by and meet him at one of his classes.   And if there is any other interest in the area, he may have a beginner class put together.

Bumpy???   Bailey???  anyone !  ha ha.

Where is he located? Long pond rd? Beaver dam rd? Just wondering.

Funny you should ask though, as I am trying to figure what we are going to do next. Shelly likes learning, and we are looking for a new outlet soon. We were going to take advanced class at petsmart cause it was my understanding that upon completion you could get you CGC but I was wrong and that is not the case. I would like to further Shelly's good manners type training, but am not totally against some fun learning for her either.  She has great focus and ability to learn......would be a waste to not keep her using that little squash.  How many is he looking for and what exactly would encompass a beginner agility class.
  Shelly CGC 7.13.06 Keanu 5.16.07

Hanna Banana

• Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Play Nice!
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2007, 07:57:26 PM »
e - not sure.  He never e mailed me back.  However Renee sent me some contacts for competitive agility that I am going to explore.

We are still working with our private trainer, and would be more than happy to see what she would charge for two dogs.   On the 21st we are heading downtown Plymouth to work on walking on leash in public with distractions.

let me know!