Author Topic: Nupro Joint Support  (Read 616 times)

Boxermom,K

• Canine Good Citizen
Nupro Joint Support
« on: December 28, 2007, 10:45:02 AM »
Has anyone ever used it? I have used it off and on over the years, and just bought some again for Laila. She doesn't have any joint problems but I have heard that glucosamine and MSM work best to help prevent joint injuries and that if your dog has a 'supported' system then if they do get injured they are will heal faster and are less likely to have lasting negative effects. It also probiotics and some other good stuff. We fed it to our mix breed Molly (5 years ago) and it seemed to help her allergies quite a bit. What do you guys think?

Ingredients:
Glucosaminie complex      500 mg per scoop
MSM                            300 mg per scoop
Vit. C                           300 mg per scoop

Bee Pollen, Calcium Citrate, Desiccated Liver, Garlic, Ground Flaxseed, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lecithin, Norwegian Kelp, Nutrional Yeast Culture.

no less than: 20% Protein, 9% Fat, no more than: 20% Fiber, 10% Moisture

For dogs weighing 40-70lbs it reccomends 1 1/2 scoops daily for 3 months then it says you can cut that in half for maintenance.

Bubba 12/30/00 - 10/29/07
Kristi
Mom to Laila CGC- 9 year old fawn, Viktor CGC, TDI- 7 year old heeler mix

BoxerWB

• Administrator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
Re: Nupro Joint Support
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 07:03:08 PM »
I haven't used it but my pet store carries it and recommends it.

Last I heard,the research had actually said gluc and such was only good for repairing, not preventing?  But I haven't looked at the research in a while, got any links.
Julia
Delta 03/12
Dash 07/06
Shady 07/05
In my heart: Xena 03/10/03 - 02/16/12

Boxermom,K

• Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 07:21:29 PM »
I went to a canine natural health seminar in Billings over the summer, there were two wholistic vets there that both claimed the addition of glucosamine and MSM to the diet in dogs that are healthy but participate regularly in activities that are strenuous helps to guard the joints and muscles from injury and if injury occurs aids the healing process.

My regular vet recommended it after Bubba had originally injured his knee, but then the person I was buying it through moved and there wasn't a store in my area that sold it so we switched to just a regular health food store brand of gluc/msm.
However I have been thinking about what was said at the seminar because of the activities that Laila does on a regular basis and sometimes it makes me nervous to think about how easy it really could be for her to get injured. That is why I work hard with her on keeping her fit and in as good of health as I possibly can.

Bubba 12/30/00 - 10/29/07
Kristi
Mom to Laila CGC- 9 year old fawn, Viktor CGC, TDI- 7 year old heeler mix

BoxerWB

• Administrator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 08:57:06 PM »
Yeah, it's definitely something I'd be interested in learning more about since Dash will be starting agility soon with any luck.
Julia
Delta 03/12
Dash 07/06
Shady 07/05
In my heart: Xena 03/10/03 - 02/16/12