Author Topic: Regression?  (Read 831 times)

Maddies Mumma

• Potty Trained
  • My pretty girl
Regression?
« on: December 07, 2007, 08:38:48 AM »
We finished our new room in our house and have allowed Maddie access to it and ever since she has been tinkling on our nice new tile floor (at least it is easy to clean!).  We did relocate the bell to the outside door in that new room, and it is still easy to hear.  So now she is going to the bathroom in front of the correct door w/ the bell on it, but not actually ringing the bell.  However that is not all the time, she will go ring it and whine to say "let me out" but she is not being consistant with it.  I don't know what to do?  Any suggestions?
Veronica ~
Mumma to my fur-kid Maddie & skin-kid Rachel

BoxerPerson

• Best Signature Quote - 2008; Most Addicted Member - 2009
  • Retired Member
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
  • Hey, anybody in there?
Re: Regression?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 08:45:36 AM »
It might be becuz you changed the location of the bell...really don't know.  I haven't, knock wood, had a problem with Phoebe...but then I haven't changed the bell's location either.

Did this just start since moving the bell??
Claire-Mom to Ollie, Zoe, Phoebe, Willie & Snookie

Goofy-Hailey-Nikki-Casey-Tyler-Cynder-Lilli-Daisy-Winnie-Felix-Levi-Ellie-&

Maddies Mumma

• Potty Trained
  • My pretty girl
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 08:58:26 AM »
It started about a week after moving the bell, I even "retrained" her w/ showing her the bell, doing the whole knock it w/ her nose the high pitched "lets go out to tinkle/poopie" and then took her out.  I did it for a whole day.  She will even repeatedly ring the bell while you are standing right next to her puting her collar on.
Veronica ~

BoxerWB

• Administrator
  • Officially Boxer Crazy
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 09:02:02 AM »
A whole day isn't alot of time for a dog to adjust to a change, as easy as it may seem to us.  Between the new texture and new bell location, it could be easy for her to make a mistake.  I would be consistent and treat her like you are just starting the bell training.  She'll probably pick it up fairly quickly, but after more than a day.
Julia
Delta 03/12
Dash 07/06
Shady 07/05
In my heart: Xena 03/10/03 - 02/16/12

Arbies mom

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 07:35:15 PM »
We moved house when my last dog was about seven months and all his house training went out the window for a while. The back door to outside was in a different location to the last house plus all the new smells. He settled after about two months. Just be patient with her and she'l readjust.

whitedaisy

• Canine Good Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 10:37:08 PM »
We moved house when my last dog was about seven months and all his house training went out the window for a while. The back door to outside was in a different location to the last house plus all the new smells. He settled after about two months. Just be patient with her and she'l readjust.
Oh no! I hope Daisy does okay with our move. I know it will take a little time but I hope it won't take 2 months!!!
Lisa, Mom to Daisy, Poppy and Archie; Forever missing Duey

Maddies Mumma

• Potty Trained
  • My pretty girl
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 09:00:19 AM »
Well yesterday when we got home from work there were no messes.  she rang the bell all evening, we took her out right away, praised her, etc.  and then early this morning she went into the "porch" and did her business (including #2) and never once rang the bell, I am sure of this because I was up very early this morning (stupid neighbors) and I know for a fact she did not ring the bell, just did her thing.  As far as the rest of this morning she has been ringing the bell with out hesitation.  So I think for tonight we will have to do something different aka she has to sleep in her bed w/ the gate around it, that way I know for sure she won't tinkle in her bed and will whine when she has to go to the bathroom!

The thing that I really don't understand is why she had no problem the first whole week after we moved the bell the door it used to be on is located 3 feet from the location of the new door.  She would ring it and we would take her out.  a week passes and all of a sudden she decides not to use the bell for her early am walkies! 
Veronica ~